Laurence Brown Media Limited - Film & Media Law

Home    Who    Experience    Transparency Rules    Contact

Laurence Brown is authorised and regulated as a Solicitor by the SRA with SRA number 145020 and is subject to the SRA Code of Conduct for Solicitors which can be found at Laurence Brown works within Laurence Brown Media Limited which delivers non-reserved legal services to the public without the requirement for authorisation and regulation as a firm by the SRA, as permitted by the SRA Standards and Regulations introduced on 25 November 2019.

Laurence Brown Media Limited is registered in England and Wales with registered number 11871521 and registered office at 27 Sutherland Place, London, W2 5BZ.

Laurence Brown is also admitted to the Roll of Solicitors of The Law Society of Ireland with Solicitor Number S24040. He is non-practising in the Republic of Ireland.

© Laurence Brown Media Limited - 2023

Transparency Rules

SRA Transparency

Laurence Brown is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (the "SRA") under number 145020, working within Laurence Brown Media Limited ("LBML", which is not itself authorised and regulated by the SRA) which provides non-reserved legal services to the public.


Laurence strives to give clients of LBML the best possible service. However, if at any point a client of LBML becomes unhappy about the service provided, they should please let Laurence know immediately so that he can do his best to resolve the concern.

LBML has a written procedure in place which details how we handle formal complaints – you can review this here.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If for any reason you aren't satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the issue (write to: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ; or email:; or phone 0300 555 0333). You can find out more information about their service on their website.

The Ombudsman may refer your complaint to the Solicitors Regulation Authority if the Ombudsman are not the correct body to conduct the investigation.

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

If you have concerns about our behaviour you can complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Further information can be found here.