Laurence has worked on more than 100 films across a career of 25 years. His work has involved advising production companies, financiers and distributors as well as individual writers, directors and producers on the Agreements required for the development, production, financing and distribution of feature films.
In addition, since setting up his own business Laurence has been able to offer clients his services on selected projects as Executive Producer. This role, as well as individually producing Valerio, has brought him a much deeper experience of the process of getting a film made and exploited, and has added to his network of international industry contacts.
As a lawyer, in addition to working on numerous projects in development and those above, his recent experience includes closing the production and financing transactions for:
● Dad’s Army (dir. Oliver Parker, 2015) for private investors starring Toby Jones, Bill Nighy and Catherine Zeta-
● Nativity 3 (dir. Debbie Isitt, 2014) for Mirrorball Films, starring Martin Clunes, Marc Wootton and Catherine Tate
● Robot Overlords (dir. Jon Wright, 2014) for Tempo Productions, starring Sir Ben Kingsley, Gillian Anderson and Callan McAuliffe, financed inter alia by Pinewood Films and Northern Ireland Screen
● Miss Julie (dir. Liv Ullmann, 2014) for Apocalypse Films starring Jessica Chastain and Colin Farrell, a UK-
● '71 (dir. Yann Demange, 2014) (Competition, Berlinale 2014) for Warp Films starring Jack O'Connell and Sean Harris, financed by the BFI, Film4, Screen Yorkshire, Creative Scotland and Aver Media/Studio Canal
● Scintilla (dir. Billy O'Brien, 2014) for Liquid Noise Films starring John Lynch, Craig Conway and Beth Winslet
● the Gunslinger slate of films Shank (dir. Mo Ali, 2010), Anuvahood (dir. Adam Deacon and Dan Toland, 2011), Sket (dir. Nirpal Bhogal, 2011) and Offender (dir. Ron Scalpello, 2012)
● Wild Bill (dir. Dexter Fletcher, 2012) for 20Ten Media, starring Charlie Creed-
● Cheerful Weather for the Wedding (dir. Donald Rice, 2012), produced by Teun Hilte, starring Felicity Jones and Luke Treadaway
● Submarine (dir. Richard Ayoade, 2010) for Warp Films, starring Paddy Considine and Sally Hawkins
Laurence has particular expertise in handling bridge finance transactions, having acted for financiers on more than 70 productions including:
● The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia (dir. Tom Elkins, 2013), starring Chad Michael Murray and Katee Sackhoff.
● Red Lights (dir. Rodrigo Cortés, 2012), starring Robert de Niro, Cillian Murphy and Sigourney Weaver
● A Dangerous Method (dir. David Cronenberg, 2011), starring Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley
Further details of films he has worked on can be found on his IMDb page.
Copyright © Laurence Brown Solicitor -
Laurence Brown Solicitor is a law firm authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority
with SRA number 00491742. The SRA's Rules can be found in its Code of Conduct, available through the
following link: www.sra.org.uk